Shawn B. Hamp
Email [email protected]
PH (928) 753-6868 FX (928) 753-6870
President and lead counsel for The Hamp Law Offices, LLC. (An Arizona Professional Corporation), Mr. Hamp has practiced for over 19 years with an emphasis on criminal law. He has handled thousands of criminal cases and has represented hundreds of clients in the criminal justice system.
Mr. Hamp is an experienced trial attorney having been lead counsel in over fifty criminal jury trials. As private defense counsel, a majority of Mr. Hamp's cases resulted in total acquittals at trial. A vast majority of all cases resulted in dismissed counts, acquittals, or convictions on lesser included offenses.
As a former prosecutor, Shawn Hamp handled all types of criminal cases including, DUI/DWI, Drug, and Homicide cases. He brings his experience and dedication to serving those individuals in Northern Arizona accused of committing serious crimes.
Mr. Hamp is a supporter of the local community. He served as a friend of the board for the Boys and Girls Club of Kingman and as past president of the Mohave County Bar Association. The law firm also supports and sponsors scholarships for paralegal and criminal justice studies at Mohave Community College, Toys for Tots, and local Veterans Groups.
At The Hamp Law Offices, our mission is to protect and safeguard the life and liberty of our clients by providing legal representation to people in Northern Arizona charged with serious crimes. We only accept clients that we believe we can sincerely help.
- The University of Arizona, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 1995
- James E. Rogers, College of Law, University of Arizona, Juris Doctorate, 1998
- Former Deputy County Attorney, Mohave County 2000-2004 and 2005-2007
- M.A.G.N.E.T. Drug Task Force Prosecutor
- Arizona Auto Theft Authority, Vertical Prosecution Attorney
- Juvenile, and Misdemeanor/DUI division prosecutor
- Special Prosecutor LA Paz County
- Special Prosecutor City of Kingman
- Felony Trial Group Attorney
- Duke, Gerstel, Shearer, LLP., Associate (class action/civil litigation law firm)
- State Bar of Arizona, member since 1999 (Criminal Law Section).
- U.S. District Court of Arizona, licensed since 1999.
- Mohave County Bar Association, Member, Former President and Member Board of Directors 2005-2009.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) Member.
- Arizona Public Defender Association, (APDA) Private-Contract Attorney Section.
- National Advocacy for DUI Defense (NAFDD) Charter Member.
- Avvo Superb Rated Attorney (10.0/10.0)
- Avvo.com Client's Choice Award (2014 - 2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion Platinum Award (2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion Gold Award (2017)
- Martindale-Hubbell – Lawyers.com Client Distinction Award (2013 - 2016)
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers