VIOLATIONS OF FEDERAL MOTOR CARRIER LAW
Save time and money by having an experienced criminal traffic attorney handle your Federal Motor Carrier violations in State Court. You can stay on the road and don't have to go to court.
Get peace of mind that your lawyer will work to get the best outcome for your legal situation and avoid having you failing to appear for court.
Your lawyer will provide end-to-end support including all non personal court appearances and pretrial conferences, negotiating a favorable plea agreement with the prosecutor, drafting all court court documents and waiver of appearance, and filing all closing documents with the court.
This service is right for you if you are cited for an equipment or driver violation in violation of Federal Motor Carrier Statutes 49 CFR Parts 100-177, 178-180, 300-399, while driving a commercial vehicle in Arizona pursuant to A.R.S. 28-5240.
28-5240. Violation; classification; attorney general enforcement
- In addition to civil penalties imposed under this chapter, a motor carrier, shipper or manufacturer who operates or causes to be operated a commercial motor vehicle in violation of this chapter or who knowingly violates or knowingly fails to comply with any provision of this chapter or with any rule adopted pursuant to this chapter is guilty of:
- A class 2 misdemeanor for a first offense.
- A class 1 misdemeanor for a second offense.
- A class 6 felony for any subsequent offense.
Class 1 Misdemeanor – Up to 6 Months Jail, Up to $2,500 Fine (A.R.S. 13-707)
Class 2 Misdemeanor – Up to 4 Months Jail, Up to $1,500 Fine
HOW IT WORKS
- Upload Ticket or Citation
- Pay Online
- E-Sign Fixed Fee Agreement
- Our Attorneys Will Call You By Same or Next Business Day To Get Case Started
- Case Review and 30 Minute Introduction Attorney Phone Call
- File Notice of Appearance By Counsel With Court, Entry of Defendant's Not Guilty Plea and Waiver of Personal Appearance by Defendant.
- Attend All Pretrial Conference on Client's Behalf
- Attend All Sentencing Hearings or Make Arrangements With Court and Client To File All Closing Documents.
- Attend Contested Hearings or Bench Trial (additional fee applies)
- 24/7 Client Support Portal Access
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Contested Hearings and Bench Trial
- Any Fines or Penalties Imposed By Court if due after final adjudication
- Any extraordinary expenses, transcripts, investigation, expert costs
- Does not include Appeals or Special Actions